PaulFounder and Managing Director
Paul is the Owner, Founder and Managing Director of Blackburne. Since starting the company in 2003, Blackburne has grown to become one of the largest property companies in Australia, specialising in property development, property management and mortgage broking.
Blackburne has won a number of awards including:
- Urban Development Institute of Australia Best Apartment Development in WA Winner 2015 (Monarc Highgate) and 2016 (Aria Swanbourne); Finalist 2014 (Haven East Perth) and 2015 (Encore Subiaco); and Best Apartment Development in Australia Finalist 2017 (Aria Swanbourne)
- Strata Community Australia (WA) Strata Management Business of the Year Winner 2015 and Finalist 2016; Young Strata Manager of the Year Winner 2015 and 2016; and Strata Manager of the Year Finalist 2015
- REIWA Top Office Residential Project Marketing 2008, 2015 and 2016
- REIWA Top Salesperson Residential Project Marketing 2008, 2010, 2015 and 2016
- REIWA Grandmaster Award 2007, 2010 and 2015
- AFG Excellence Awards 2016 Finalists – Top 30 Loan Writers and Top 15 Organisations (Blackburne Mortgage Broking)
- MPA Top 100 Brokers in Australia 2015
- BRW Fast 100 2014 (3rd Place) and 2015 (20th Place)
Paul has also personally been recognised with a number of leading awards including:
- WA Business News 40under40 First Amongst Equals Winner 2016 – recognising outstanding achievement in business and community projects
- 2014 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist
As Managing Director, Paul leads an experienced team of long term senior executives that manage the day-to-day operations of the Blackburne group of companies.
Paul is also the co-founder and startup funder of the Cambodian Children’s Fund (CCF) – Child Protection Unit (CPU) in Cambodia. Since being established in 2013 the CPU has made a significant contribution to the investigation and prosecution of crimes against children and the on-going support for child abuse victims. The CPU now has offices in two major cities and over 30 dedicated staff.
Paul is married with two children and spends any spare time he has travelling and doing adventure sports.